Sunday, June 21, 2009

Training to break those boundaries

Well friends, with the weather warming up a bit, have you put a damper (or a boundary) on your outside activities? As long as you are hydrated & protect yourself, outside activities should not hinder you from getting some needed exercise (not to mention vitamin D).

I went for an afternoon run @ lunch only to find the temperature a bit higher then I thought. Oh well. When I was in Oman 2 weeks ago, a group of runners headed out for a lunchtime run but there it was 125 F! Ouch!

Anyway, as long as you wear a hat & hydrate properly, you should be able to enjoy your afternoon exercising. How do you think the competitors in Badwater deal with the heat - TRAINING, TRAINING & more TRAINING.


I was hoping for some clouds, but no luck. On the way back, the temperature was no better.

It was nice to get into the shade on the way back. I got the feeling though that I was being followed (or at least being watched - - you think?)


Our long run Saturday morning was really nice. K1 & I got in some extra miles earlier. I am a bit worried that my birthday gift to myself will be more painful than I care for. I well - I guess I ought to get prepared, eh? It was really nice to see some fellow Maniacs. We are now up to 1600 members!

Anyway, the run was nice & the group has really grown. It is great to see others pushing their running boundaries to run their first 1/2 or full marathon.

As it is always this time of year, it warmed up quick so hydrating was critical.
As we neared the last few miles, we had a few quite onlookers. Good thing that they were on the grass & off of the trail or they would have been sitting ducks for getting run over.

None-the-less, it was a great run & a way to push those temperature boundaries. At the end, cold ice sponges were heaven sent for the ole' noggin & across the back of the neck.


The Barkley Book Fair is coming next weekend & it should be awesome!
One more thing - - I actually believe that I am in the final phases with the IRS for my 501 (c)(3) none profit status for Know No Boundaries so STAY TUNED for exciting things & events.
And as always, know that YOU determine what you can & can't do & what "boundaries" are set. Remember, obstacles or walls are not there to keep others out, but to push us to see how bad we want something.
May GOD always smile on you & may your will always be HIS will.
God Bless;
K2

No comments:

Badwater 267 VR

Know No Boundaries will be running Badwater 267 VR during the month of January. BADWATER: It’s a frame of mind, a global family of horizon-c...